Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Secondary Education (37 credit hours)
This program is designed for students who have no undergraduate/graduate professional education preparation or whose undergraduate preparation was in a professional education major area other than the one pursued for the MAT degree.
For New Mexico State Licensure, students must qualify for a competency-based teaching endorsement field (24-36 credit hours, including 12 upper division credits) in the secondary content you will teach.
Note: The forms on this website are created in Adobe Acrobat.
You can get the Adobe Acrobat Reader for free here.
- Program Highlights
- Program created specifically for teachers who are on internship licensure and have no pre-professional education background
- Faculty provide field site coaching and supervision of teachers to support your professional growth and development
- Rigorous graduate work purposefully blends theory and practice. Leave each class with both practical applications for your daily teaching and a deeper understanding of the theoretical and philosophical groundings and issues of education.
- Personalized academic advisement offers a human touch
- Talented faculty with cutting edge knowledge & depth of experience
- Easy access to large collection of on-line bibliographic reference materials; fast turn around on Inter-Library Loan requests
- Courses are offered at nights and on weekends to meet the needs of working adults.
- Affordable Tuition
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Program Faculty & Adjuncts
- Admission Process & Requirements
- Meet the Graduates
- See what our graduates say about WNMU GGSC, Click Here
- Degree Plan
- Program Outcomes & Competencies
- Practice Teaching or Internship
- Practice Teaching/Internship Application
- Internship Handbook/Forms