Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (36 credit hours)
For students who are seeking to complete a Master of Arts degree and who are considering seeking a position as a school principal or administrator. The program is aligned with both State of New Mexico competencies and the national Interstate School Leaders and Licensure Consortium Standards (ISLLCS). The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (EDL) prepares teacher and other educational professionals for New Mexico state licensure as school administrators by building increased awareness, knowledge, and skills for a variety of leadership roles. Graduates are also eligible for administrator licensure in many other states.
- Program Overview
- Rigorous program that focuses on leadership theory and putting it into practice.
- Leadership, communication, curriculum, assessment, teacher evaluations, and the use of technology are taught by way of active student participation.
- Program includes a final internship that consists of 180 hours of field experience under a qualified principal mentor in a school setting
- Faculty work with EDL candidate and his or her mentor to provide a quality experience that will prepare the candidate to work in diverse educational settings
- Coursework prepares EDL candidates to work in the current challenging field of educational leadership.
- Faculty and instructors have practical experience.
- Courses are offered at nights and on weekends to meet the needs of working adults.
- Affordable tuition.
- Program Faculty & Adjuncts
List of faculty here.
- Admission Process & Requirements
- WNMU Graduate Application for Admission
- SOE Ethical Violations & Disclosure of Criminal Record (Form)
- SOE Confidentiality Agreement Policy
- WNMU Student Code of Conduct & Academic Honesty Policy
- Recommendation Form
- Initial Self Rating: Professional Development Plan
- Initial Self Rating: Professional Disposition Form
- Meet the Students
- Degree Plan
- Program Outcomes & Competencies
- Practice Teaching or Internship
- Practice Teaching/Internship Application
- Internship Handbook/Forms